Healthy Business Alliance®
To benefit our members, the Covington-Newton County Chamber of Commerce participates in the Healthy Business Alliance (R), which is a statewide program with over 140 Chambers serving more than 150 Georgia counties and communities throughout Georgia. By using large group buying power to negotiate advantages on group products, many include discounted premiums. Products and services are made available through well-known companies and are sold through local insurance agents.
Health Insurance - Just because the Affordable Care Act does not permit premium discounts on health insurance doesn't mean you can't get the best price available in the marketplace. Local insurance brokers working in concert with your Chamber's Healthy Business Alliance (R) program provide access to a choice of top insurance carriers for groups, individuals, and seniors.
For Employer Groups:
- Fully-insured plans are available from United Healthcare of Georgia, Humana, Kaiser Permanente, & Assurant
- Level funding plans are available from Humana, Assurant, Starmark, Group Resources, & IHC Group, in some cases for groups down to five employees
For Individuals and their families under age 65:
- Assistance with enrollment in the Federally Facilitated Marketplace
- Private plans from Aetna, Coventry, Cigna, Humana, Kaiser, UnitedHealthcare
- Piedmont/Wellstar, Aetna, Cigna, Humana
Innovative, Self-Funded Group Health Insurance - Exclusive offering for groups with 50 - 2,000 employees
- WellCap - A unique design that combines the safety of fully insured with the direct savings opportunity of Self-Funding
- Powerful, Positive & Effective Wellness Engagement
- Exclusive wellness incentive for Chamber members
Group and Voluntary Dental, Term Life Insurance, Vision Care, Disability Income Protection
- UnitedHealthcare of Georgia offers a 5% discount on group and voluntary plans. They also offer administrative savings of up to $7.00 per enrolled employee per month if bundled with medical. For groups of 2-99.
Companion Life Insurance Company
- Special savings of 5% - 10%, depending on group size and other factors.
Principal Financial Group
- Chamber members receive 10% - 30% discount for individual disability insurance for individuals and business owners, depending upon product chosen and other factors.
- Business succession planning - Informal business valuations and buy/sell reviews, retirement income planning
- Products include individual, overhead expense, buy-out, loan protection, and key person policies.
Group and Voluntary Dental, Term Life Insurance, Vision Care, Disability Income Protection (cont'd)
Union Central Life Insurance Company
- Offers disability overhead expense portection, with a tax-deductible premium, providing cash reimbursement of covered business overhead expenses. Qualified member businesses are eligible for discounts of 15% or more.
- Avesis Incorporated offers a 10% discount on vision plans.
- CT Group offers a 10% discount on Group and Voluntary Term Life and Group and Voluntary Short Term Disability and Intermediate Disability for businesses with 2 - 9 enrolled employees
- Delta Dental gives chamber members a 6% rate discount on employer-paid plans, with no waiting period and a two year rate guarantee. Must have a minimum of five employees to participate.
Health and Lifestyle Products
- freshbenies - 24/7 call a doctor service, advocacy, wellness support & health discounts... all in one easy-to-use card (freshbenies is not insurance nor is it intended to replace insurance).
Health Savings Accounts - Special banking accounts to coordinate with HSA qualified High Deductible Health Plans
- Lower account minimums and lower monthly fees for Chamber members
- No charge for Chamber members for paper statements and no minimum balance required to invest, no fees to invest
Integrated Payroll Platform - Combines Traditional Payroll capabilities with Fully Integrated Time & Attendance, 401K, HR and Benefits Administration components
Netchex - Special pricing for Chamber members
Prepares you for current and future HealthCare Reform reporting requirements including
- W-2 Reporting Changes
- Insurance Exchanges
- Means Testing for Subsidies
- Cadillac Tax
- Section 125 Compliance
- COBRA Compliance
- 401K Administration
- Total Compensation Statements
Travel Medical and Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Seven Corners offers low priced coverage for individuals of all ages, families and groups.
For more informaiton, contact your local insurance agent, the Covington-Newton County Chamber of Cpommerce, or Shan Ricketts of Purchasing Alliance Solutions, Inc., the company that developed the Healthy Business Alliance(R) program for Chamber members, at 800-782-8254 or at firstname.lastname@example.org